Tuesday, March 02, 2010

The 2010 Moving Words Poetry Competition just awarded me an Honorable Mention for my poem i95.

Even those of you that know me and have a reason to look at this blog probably have no idea I've been writing poems for over a decade now and basically not sharing them with anyone...well hardly anyone.

Unfortunately it looks like my work will not be riding on the Arlington Virigia transit system, but I have been asked to read the poem at IOTA on April 11th with the Winners and other Honorable Mentions.

Me on IOTA's stage, after a decade of writing about what went on on that stage at groupiegirldc. That is some kind of role-reversal, eh? If I survive the butterflies, this will certainly be a new addition to my bag of tricks.

Stay tuned for details later.

No comments: